Vegan and gluten free almond chocolate granola is a simple and sweet holiday gift idea or everyday granola, if you like a little chocolate in the morning! And who doesn’t, really?
Today was moving day. I finally sat down to write this post after a very long day, and when I stood up to get something I noticed all the sore bits. I’ve been lifting mattresses and moving furniture all day.
I thought it’d be a lot harder than it was – luckily it was really warm out today. I can’t imagine trying to move in our normal -40C winter weather. Pretty much everything is set up now and the pets are thrilled. It’s good to be home.
This almond chocolate granola recipe is great for last minute gift-giving or just as a snack. Make it, throw it in a jar, and don’t say anything when they think you spent hours making it. People are always impressed by homemade gifts, and food is the best gift.
Maybe I’m biased. I’d rather get some kind of food-related gift (or a book!) over anything else. Give me a cookbook and you’re golden. It’s the perfect combination of food and book. Wink.
This version is chocolate and almond, but you could substitute any nuts you have on hand with the corresponding nut butter. Hazelnut is awesome. I love it with almond milk and raspberries, it’s the perfect combination.
The granola is chunky thanks to arrowroot powder and chocolatey without the sugar because of the added cacao, instead of chocolate chunks, and it’s the perfect healthy breakfast or snack to help with chocolate cravings.
Let’s connect! If you liked this recipe, make sure to leave a comment below, I love hearing from you! Tag me on instagram @occasionallyeggs and #occasionallyeggs so I can see what you’re making, and stay in touch via facebook, pinterest, and bloglovin.
Chunky Almond Chocolate Granola
Vegan and gluten free almond chocolate granola is a simple and sweet holiday gift idea or everyday granola, if you like a little chocolate in the morning! And who doesn't, really?
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon cacao or cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extrac
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Combine the oats, almonds, arrowroot powder, salt, chia, cacao nibs, and cacao powder in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the maple syrup, coconut oil, almond butter, and vanilla. Add this to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spread evenly on a large baking sheet and bake at 325F for 20-25 minutes, carefully flipping at the halfway mark. Try not to break apart the large pieces. Cool fully before removing from the tray and transferring to a jar or container.