This Pumpkin Soup is a dish creamy to taste yet balanced by crispy potatoes. A velvety soup comes together with fresh ginger and a dash of lemon juice, elevating the subtle pumpkin flavor. Heavy on the crispy potato toppings, this soup is quick to make all while satisfying you during any fall meal.
I’m so excited to introduce all of you to the lovely Marie of 8th and Lake! We’ve been internet friends since I started this blog, and she’s always full of light and happiness. This brightness really shines through in her recipes. If you’re not already familiar with her blog, you’ll find plenty of gorgeous, healthy, plant-based recipes there. She’s awesome at coming up with recipes for the busiest of people, and there’s a whole section on her blog dedicated to quick and easy meals. Over to Marie!
Hi I’m Marie! I’m from sunny San Francisco. Just kidding, it’s usually foggy in these parts. But come in October and you just might catch a little sun. I’m a past sugar-fiend, a future reformed sweets enthusiast (fingers-crossed!) and presently somewhere in-between, but now just with better ingredients.
Here you’ll find Super-Natural Nourishment in the form of from-scratch recipes, a few advice articles to get you goin’ and a bit of fun travels. Delicious, plant-centric foods, fresh fish (I’m a butchers daughter), and a whole lotta dark chocolate is my jam.
Each recipe is followed by a personal anecdote of how it all got started – usually something along the lines of running around in a mad dash for a quick meal or a ‘refrigerator clean out’ – anything and everything is up for grabs. I cook with seasonal, wholefood ingredients as they offer up the most flavors each and every time (and usually cheaper!).
This Pumpkin Soup is a dish creamy to taste yet balanced by crispy potatoes. A velvety soup comes together with fresh ginger and a dash of lemon juice, elevating the subtle pumpkin flavor. Heavy on the crispy potato toppings, this soup is quick to make all while satisfying you during any fall meal. Hope you guys enjoy this fresh take on a traditional Thanksgiving soup.
Creamy Pumpkin Soup with Crispy Roasted Potatoes
This Pumpkin Soup is a dish creamy to taste yet balanced by crispy potatoes. A velvety soup comes together with fresh ginger and a dash of lemon juice.
Ingredients for the Soup:
- 3 cups pumpkin flesh diced without the skin
- 1 cup water
- 1 can coconut milk
- Small dash of mustard seeds optional
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 white onion
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder or 1 thumb fresh ginger grated
- Sea salt
- Juice of half lemon
- 4 Small potatoes
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt
- Start by preheating the oven to 400F. Thinly slice the potatoes into small, bite-sized quarters. Place in a non-stick baking pan and toss the sea salt and olive oil. Place in the oven and cook for 25 minutes, turning half way.
- In the meantime, make the soup. Roughly chop the onions and sauté in a large frying pan with the coconut oil, ginger and mustard seeds for 5 minutes. Then add the diced pumpkin (skin removed), boiling water and coconut milk to the same sauté pan and cook until the pumpkin is tender, about 15 minutes. Either using a blender or hand blender puree the pumpkin mixture into a creamy soup. Top with the potato crisps and enjoy!