This vegan and gluten free maple almond peach tart features a frangipane like filling, with almond flour, coconut butter, and maple syrup to sweeten.
Peaches are in season in Canada right now so I’ve been making peach everything. Last week I made a peach cobbler and it tasted great, but turned out kind of a grey colour and got mushy the second day – not blog worthy. I ate it.
This week, I came up with a vegan, gluten free peach tart with an almond filling and almond based crust. It’s creamy, nutty, and sweet. The only problem is that I took it out the oven just as unexpected company came over.
They ate the whole tart before I could get any good photographs of it, so even though there aren’t any great photos, please trust me and make it anyway. It’s pretty and tasty. I thought about waiting until next week to post it, with better pictures, but the peach season is so short.
Other stone fruits would be delicious in this too – like in my summer fruit galette, with a mix of late summer fruits, or try adding some berries to the mix.
This vegan peach tart was tested on six people, including an eight year old, and they all loved it. You will too!
Let’s connect! If you liked this recipe, make sure to leave a comment below, I love hearing from you! Tag me on instagram @occasionallyeggs and #occasionallyeggs so I can see what you’re making, and stay in touch via facebook, pinterest, and bloglovin.
Adapted from Oh She Glows
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold coconut butter
- 1/3-1/2 cup maple syrup, to your taste
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4-5 peaches
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Combine the almond flour, oat flour, and salt. Add the coconut oil and maple syrup. Stir until fully combined, using your hands to incorporate the coconut oil.
- Press the mixture into a greased pie or tart dish, poke some holes in the base with a fork, and refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
- Combine the almond flour, arrowroot, salt, coconut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla. Spoon it into the crust.
- Thinly slice the peaches, and arrange them on top of the tart in concentric circles. This is the complicated bit. I did two layers arranged in circles.
- Bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes, or until the peaches are soft and the edges of the crust are slightly browned. Serve with coconut whipped cream or vegan ice cream. This would be good with plums or apricots too.