• Here's the recipe for the Lebanese hummus.
• If you can roast the sweet potato and garlic ahead of time, that's ideal. The garlic will be done when it's turned golden, the clove inside the skin is soft, and the skin feels empty when pressed.
• Overcook the lentils, to make them as soft as possible, so that the hummus is very smooth.
• To make pickled onions, slice a red onion very thinly and place it into a jar with a pinch of salt and the juice of a lemon. Let it sit, shaking occasionally, for at least two hours, or until bright pink.
* If you're making this for a party alongside other dishes, the two hummuses should do it for up to 10 people, but you'll need to add more crackers, veggies, and everything else.