This healthy, gluten free and vegan cranberry tart is made with a pumpkin seed and oat crust, creating a crispy, crumbly base. With fresh cranberries, raspberries, and orange.
This fresh cranberry tart is a super simple dessert that looks like hours-in-the-kitchen fancy. It’s great for holidays (American thanksgiving, I’m looking at you) or impressing your in-laws. Other stuff too.
You can make it whenever you want, I’m not going to tell you what to do. It has a crunchy and lightly sweet crust, and the filling is tart but not sour thanks to the addition of raspberries. You can use pretty much any fruit you’d like. Apples would be good with the cranberries too.
I think it’d be really nice at Christmas, and that’s why I came up with this recipe. I was hoping for an extra festive green crust but forgot that pepitas turn golden when they’re baked. Still festive. This type of seed and oat crust is a favourite – it’s so easy, just having to be pressed into the tin, and tastes great. I use it, or a variation, in plenty of other recipes (like this chocolate orange tart).
On that note, it’s winter now, and that means Christmas is coming! Prepare yourselves for a pile of holiday themed recipes and gift ideas/tutorials in the next month and a bit. It’s my favourite time of year.
Let’s connect! If you liked this recipe, make sure to leave a comment below, I love hearing from you! Tag me on instagram @occasionallyeggs and #occasionallyeggs so I can see what you’re making, and stay in touch via facebook, pinterest, and bloglovin.
- 1 cup rolled oats, ground into a flour
- 1 cup raw pepitas, pumpkin seeds ground into a flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil*
- 1/4 cup maple syrup*
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Zest of one organic orange
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder*
- Heat oven to 350F and thoroughly grease a tart tin.
- Mix the oat flour, pepita flour, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl, then add the vanilla, coconut oil, and maple syrup. Squeeze everything together with your fingers until a dough forms. Press into your greased tart tin, poke some holes in the bottom with a fork, and bake for 10-15 minutes or until it just starts to turn golden.
- Mix cranberries, raspberries, maple syrup, orange juice, orange zest, and arrowroot in a bowl. Pour into the tart crust and bake for another 30 minutes or until bubbling.
- Serve with coconut whipped cream or vegan yogurt.
1. Unsalted butter can be substituted for coconut oil in this recipe. Salted butter could too, but in that case, make sure you don't add any extra salt. 2. Honey can be substituted for the maple syrup in both the crust and the filling. 3. You can use cornstarch instead of arrowroot powder.